Sunday, September 2, 2012

When your phone just doesn't cut it

I really do enjoy writing. I like the flow of words that pours out from my mind after a long day of mundane stresses.

I like the weight of the pencil in my hand pushing against the notepad. I like sound of the scribbles. That scratching sound that is somehow soothing, not irritating.

I even like the clickity-click sound of the keys as I furiously type away my musings. It sounds like progress. It sounds like something really important is happening.

But the thing just ruins the stream of conciousness writing that I'm so apt to use is the frustrating, easily-made errors that come from documenting these same thoughts on a smartphone or tablet.

But as a mother who seems to be multitasking constantly, even in my sleep, I use the medium that is nearest to my fingertips (or thumbs). And that's why what's in my head can some times be turned into something completely different when I churn out a blog post on my phone while Elise is nursing.

But that's just how it goes, I suppose...

(And sorry for the hiatus in writing. I am mom, you know : ) ).
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment